9 RULES TO LIVE BY IN 2008
1. Feed Your Strengths!.... Encourage your natural abilities and talents. Nourish your appreciation of the world. Give yourself opportunities to enjoy life to the full.
2. Face Your Weaknesses!...Realize and accept that some traits are strengths and some are weaknesses. Facing and dealing with your weaknesses doesn't mean that you have to change who you are, it means that you want to be the best You possible. By facing your weaknesses, you are honoring your true self, rather than attacking yourself.
3. Listen to Everything!...Try not to accept everything at face value. Let everything soak in and listen to your feelings.
4. Smile at Criticism!... Remember that people will not always agree with you or understand you, even if they value you greatly. Try to see disagreement and criticism as an opportunity for growth. In fact, that is exactly what it is.
5. Be Aware of Others!.. Remember that there are other personality types out there who see things differently than you see them. Try to identify other people's types. Try to understand their perspectives.
6. Be Accountable for Yourself!...Remember that your every word and action affects those around you, so it is important for you to be fully responsible for your self, and to the values you hold.
7. Be Gentle in Your Expectations!... You will always be disappointed with others if you expect too much of them. Being disappointed with another person is the best way to drive them away. Treat others with the same gentleness that you would like to be treated with.
8. Assume the Best!...Don't distress yourself by assuming the worst. Remember that a positive attitude often creates positive situations.
9. When in Doubt, Ask Questions!...If something seems to be wrong and you can’t put your finger on it, maybe someone else can. Remember, there are many ways of seeing the world, and perhaps someone else’s way will reveal the truth.